Internet is full of opportunities and One of those opportunities is online money making. You may have heard that many people are earning money through internet or by a blog. It is very much possible to make money online through a blog. A blog is basically an online diary or journal where you post attractive and useful blog posts which attract the readers. As much traffic you receive on your blog, your opportunities of money making through blog increases thus there is a great need of generating a good chunk of traffic on your blog.
The very first thing you need is an idea. The topic or niche on which you wish to start your blog. Make sure that you have ample of knowledge on that topic. After that, just buy a domain name, get hosting and set up your blog. Read more here about setting up your blog.
Once your blog is set up, start writing killer content for that blog so that you can generate traffic and so the money. Write content that are being searched by the people online. Keyword research can help you find the best keywords which are currently getting huge searches.
You might want to know how to make money through blog because just writing over there is not going to fill your pocket thus you need to monetize your blog.
Here are monetization ways through which you can earn money through your blog:
1. Google AdSense: One of the most common and easiest yet difficult way to make money through a blog is Google AdSense. It is a PPC(Pay Per Click) program which means you get paid for every click on the ads. Once you start getting good amount of traffic on your blog, you can apply for Google AdSense. There are few eligibility criteria’s which needs to be fulfilled before applying for a blog. One of them is, that your blog should be 6 months old. There are chances that you may not get Google AdSense in first attempt, but no need to worry as there are many alternatives too such as Infolinks, chitika, clicksor etc. Make sure your blog has good traffic, original content and is old enough, before applying for any of these.
2. Affiliate Marketing: Affiliate marketing is yet another method to earn money online through a blog. Almost all the e-commerce stores have affiliate programs specially dedicated to bloggers. In this method, you need to make an account on an e-commerce store and after that, you need to run ads on your website according to your user preferences. For example: If you run a technology blog, you can place an ad for mobiles and laptops, if you run a fashion blog, you can place ads for clothing and accessories. Once a user buys a product from that ad, you will get a fair amount of commission in your affiliate account. Amazon affiliate is the best option for you. Read a detailed post on this topic.
3. Paid/Review Post: There are many new products which hit the market each and every day. Many of these products need promotion. So, the company starts targeting blogs and websites related to their product. After that, they request the owner of that blog to review the product for them and in return the company will pay him a good amount of money. Not only this, there are many writers who have good articles but don’t have a good blog to post them. So they need a blog and are ready to give money in return. You can earn as much as $100 on one single paid/review post. Read this detailed post to know more about it.
4. By private advertisements: Google AdSense is one thing and advertisement is one different thing. There are many companies and small businesses that need promotion and branding. Many companies search for good blogs and advertise on them and their offering is quite good. Banner ads are most prominent. You can get up to 100 USD per month for a small banner on your blog. The more your blog traffic is the more payment you get from clients.
5. By selling a product: This one goes for blogs which attract huge amount of traffic. You can start selling your own product and can fulfill you dream of starting your own business. Make sure the product you are selling is related to the niche of your blog.
6. CPM Ads: This monetization way is specifically for the blogs which are getting traffic in millions because when you add CPM banners on your blog then you get paid for impressions. CPM stands for Cost per thousand cost-per-thousand impressions. So apply this method if you have a blog with awesome traffic stats.
As I mention in each of my post, that online money making is an art which needs patience and smart work, same goes for this too. You can easily make a living from a blog only if you know how to generate traffic and then to convert the traffic into money.